Thursday 25 July 2013

NSPA! SPA AT HOME FOR £10!!! IM ON THAT!

Hey guys and gals, here i am with another post on some recently purchased beauty goodies, yes I've been stocking up yet again! I decided on this shopping visit i wanted a spa experience, but without the spa price tag! I ended up with an NSPA trio, here's how i got on!

I absolutely love spa products! That 10 minuets in the shower where you can pamper yourself and let all your troubles melt away, total bliss. Sometimes however these lush spa products come with a lush price. Not NSPA however, the four products i bought came to £10, witch i thought was a decent deal, i got two lots of the 2 for £5 deal! I picked treats from the NSPA bathing rituals range, eucalyptus and sea minerals. I quite like the idea of these bathing rituals as they come labelled with steps 1 2 and 3 witch makes it super easy to follow for body care beginners! Fabulous!

The first product i tried was the reviving shower and body wash. I quite liked this, was a bit iffy at first, hoping that it wouldn't dry my skin like so many other shower gels. It did the opposite in face, lovely lather and some light skin conditioning! The scent is so lovely and fresh and i did find it quite relaxing! It comes in a rather generous size of 250ml, witch should give you a good few showers me thinks!

Next up in the ritual is the sea salt scrub. It comes in a 300ml tub, the packaging of which reminds me of Molton Brown products. The texture of this scrub is quite gloopy compared to other sea salt scrubs I've tried, usually they re pretty solid and you need to take a chisel to get any of the scrub out. Its a lovely blend of sea salt and some luxurious oils that really helped soften my skin as i scrubbed away any pesky dry bits! With it being a salt scrub i often find they work best on barley damp skin as the salt dissolves rather quickly if your skins soaking wet, so make sure you swipe off any excess water before using this scrub so you can feel the full effect. The scrub i found to be quite gentle but was sufficient for a light polishing off! It did leave my skin with a lovely glow and revved up the circulation a little too! Bonus!

Finally after rinsing the scrub off and getting out the shower i completed the ritual with the cooling body tonic. The tonic comes in a great little 250ml pump bottle, much easier than trying to squeeze lotion out of a tube! This product was the one that caught my eye on the shelf first of all as i loved the sound of a nice cooling treat, especially in this current weather. I applied it to my skin whilst it was still a bit damp as im always cautious when using a new body lotion, i have a fear of being left in a sticky mess! This lotion was great, my skin drank it up nicely and it did have a slight cooling effect too. I think it would e fab if you leave it in the fridge for a bit before using and would be ideal as an after sun! This product i think i will repurchase as its just fab as a light summer moisturiser.

The result of using the three products together has left me with soft glowy fresh feeling and smelling skin! These products all claim to have a detoxifying effect and i think they do to some degree, my skin does look a little brighter and more even. So although these products haven't made it to my super favourite pile, i feel for the price they were a great little treat! It was nice just to have a little pamper session as my skin has been neglected, sorry to mention the weather again but for me its just been to hot to use any kind of rich pampering products, apart from when it was cool enough at the weekend for me to use my Dove goodies!

So there we have it, id say a successful attempt at creating a mini spa experience at home. Although i didn't go the whole way and get the candles, champers and relaxing music i still had fun! Let me know how you lot get on if you try these out! Thanks for reading and i will to you all soon, Ian x
blog

No comments:

Post a Comment